Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Alan is now 8 years old and made strides


I look back from two years ago on how extreme his tantrums were. Self-injury, head banging, and running from wall to wall. He was just so out of sync. However, as I wait for him to come home from school, I can actually say that I feel special waiting for a special child to come home to me, entrusted in my care. My world was autism, now, I am making more time for myself as autism does not define me as a person, it is a part of my life, but it does not define me or cannot consume me. It is not healthy as I had done in the past where I breath and lived autism. From browsing articles about autism, reading and ordering books about autism. Made my whole house autism base. It looked like a playground in the house. Well, autism is still my world, but I am working part time, and exercising...taking care of me...so I can take care of Alan


funny thing is....they say it gets easier....
sure....but I have also learn to accept it...and to fully love Alan unconditionally.

Alan was so infatuated with Stop Signs, and we stood there for half hour, and living in the city, people probably thought I was in business and I brought my son to work. LOL

All kidding aside...if yo have an autistic child or know of one, you know they are such joy even if they require a bit more maintenance.

No comments:

Post a Comment